Linux and open-source software in general are among the fastest growing
areas of technology today. Renowned for its reliability, security, flexibility
and low resource requirements, Linux has been making steady in-roads into the
corporate IT environment for several years now as more and more people realise
the benefits of replacing or combining expensive proprietary software with free
Linux and open-source alternatives.
The backing that Linux has received in recent years from such corporate
heavyweights as IBM, HP and Sun only serves to confirm what some of us have
known for quite a while: Linux is now a truly viable alternative to Unix and
Microsoft for many business functions.
Examples of the sort of tasks for which Linux and open-source software have
proved to be viable solutions include:
- Web/proxy servers
- File and print servers
- Mail servers
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) gateways
- Domain Name Servers (DNS)
- Database servers
- The desktop
If you are considering implementing a new Linux solution within your company,
or are interested in migrating an existing system over to Linux, we can help.
Examples of the kind of consultancy services we can provide to your business
- Evaluation of your current IT infrastructure and recommendations as to
where Linux/open-source could be used
- Planning the migration strategy from existing systems to Linux/open-source
- Assistance in finding and/or implementing open-source software solutions
for a particular requirement
- Linux installation and configuration
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Porting software over to Linux
- Designing and implementing bespoke Linux software solutions
Our preferred Linux distributions to work with are Debian
or Red-Hat, but we are prepared to utilise any of the
alternatives if you have an overriding preference.
For more information contact:
Send mail to
email@example.com with questions or comments about this web site.
Last modified: 02/04/2005